Sunday, February 27, 2011

An effort to write...

I decided I should try my hand at writing a bit as I haven't really done much in a very long time... I just came across my high school transcripts again today and realized what an abysmal grade I got in English - I mean wow... D's and F's.  I would like to think it was because "I didn't apply myself".  I found a topic that was kind of strange to ruminate on.  Please let me know what you think...
Cheers!
Luna




IT IS OKAY
I recently came across a website that was offering to take down anyone's story as long as it pertained to those three words... I thought hmm.. I might have some thoughts on the matter.  After considering for a moment, I decided I understood it best as - an admission that I can be myself, unequivocally and unabashedly myself, and that things are right and correct.  Then I really started thinking, and whether it is something that someone says out loud, or something I tell myself to bolster my courage or to dispell my fear, I think it could be perhaps some of the finest wisdom I have ever heard.  I know I remember hearing it from my mother and my teachers and my lovers and friends but I didn't really understand what it meant as it pertained to me.  Hell I didn't ever really listen enough to think about it (come to think of it).  It came as a surpise to me that with a couple of minutes of thought I was able to distill it to something akin to - "I am allowed to be, and everything is right".  Or maybe something more like "Everything IS.  So deal with it!"

Simple right?  Ha I wish.  If I had a penny for every time that someone said that phrase to me, well I would have, ummmm, umpteen-thousand pennies.  And I would have happily smacked em' in the head with that heavy ass bag of pennies for saying it to me when I was feeling blue or inconsolable or just plain sorry for myself.  Sometimes I know IT IS NOT OKAY!  Hell, we all come to this realization, in the moment when our pets die or heaven forbid, a relative or friend.  Or maybe it's when something horrendous happens to our houses or jobs.  In the end (for me at least) it turns out, whether I would like it to or not - to be ok.  If I just let things go and focus on what really matters - love and understanding,  things really do work themselves out.  For me, the statement implies faith, understanding, patience and perhaps a crash course in optimism. ;)

Hearing or speaking the phrase, is an admission of love, of trust, or of fear, or helplessness in the face of any of these.  But mostly, it is simply a gentle reminder that someone is there to help, or to listen and that we are not alone! It is a statement that boldy gives us permission to be what we are at any given moment without expectation.  A statement that allows that we have the ability to be and become what we want - it is an affirmation.  Overused? - perhaps, but usually used in the spirit of giving and with love- so take it for what it is.. and it'll be okay.

Toodles,

Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment